Christian Angelillo, Ed.D.
Dear RVS Community members:
The months between the close one school year and the opening of the next are always very busy at RVS. Classrooms are made bright and shiny and ready for teachers and students. This year, we are excited to continue to increase student accessibility to technology by providing additional MacBooks to our 6 th graders that will expand their educational programming options. Our upper gym floor has been refinished with a fresh Falcon logo along with our protective padding around the gym to celebrate our Falcon Pride and we are awaiting the installation of a new digital marquee by our main entrance to keep our Boonton Township community informed of all of the wonderful accomplishments of students and staff, community events and other important announcements.
We’re welcoming two new teachers and two new classroom aides this fall:
- Mrs. Jessica Molloy joins us as the 7 th and 8 th Grade Science Teacher.
- Mrs. Nicoleta Pop will teach Spanish in Grades 4-6.
- Mrs. Kerry McCormick and Mr. Matthew Spender join RVS as classroom aides.
In addition, we’ve made some internal changes:
- Ms. Ennis has moved to 5 th and 6 th Grade Science.
- Mrs. Savage will be teaching 8 th Grade Algebra I and Apex Geometry.
- Mr. Cocca will be teaching 6 th Grade Mathematics.
- Ms. Cuozzo moves up to the third section of 4 th Grade.
- Mrs. Laing returns from her leave to her 3 rd Grade classroom.
As many will recall from last year, we have been taking steps to be more “green” and make conscientious choices for our building and programs that achieve our goals while reducing environmental impact. Toward that end, we are once again utilizing the Parent Portal this year for the completion of student forms. One of the many benefits of filling out forms online is parents don’t have to repeat information for every child if they have more than one student at RVS. In addition, information will be available to us in a much more timely way and we save untold numbers of trees.
Each year I choose an overarching theme to tie together all of our collective efforts and direct our work together. This year’s theme is COMMUNITY. We will be focusing on those things that bring us together, both within RVS and in a broader context as well as what our role is as we explore what it means to be part of a community.
As always, I’m exceedingly proud of this community!
~ Christian Angelillo, Ed.D.